And the Liebster Blog Award goes to...
The drum roll please... It's taken a while to complete this exercise, but it has been fun. The Liebster Award is meant to support fellow emerging bloggers and we want to thank Lisa Samloglou for our nomination. (You can read her Urban Travel Tales blog or follow her on Twitter @LisaSamloglou.) I hope that my nominees enjoy the process as much as I did.
Without further ado, here are my selections for the Liebster Blog Award.
11 random facts about me:
- I got my first passport when I was 16.
- My favorite place to eat lobster is Cape Breton, Nova Scotia.
- The longest flight I’ve ever been on was from Toronto to Sao Paolo.
- I love to take pictures.
- I’m fascinated by UNESCO sites. If there are any close to where I’m going, I will definitely need a picture. (See number 4.)
- My favorite way to travel through Europe is by train.
- I love to explore a city by walking it.
- I prefer to drink tea.
- When I drink coffee it must be 80% milk and 20% coffee.
- I was inspired to start my “Do it like a local” blog after living in Amsterdam for 3 months.
- I know nothing about architecture, but that doesn’t stop me from admiring it.
My answers to the 11 questions asked by Lisa, who nominated me:
1. Which environment or place brings one of your best memories from traveling?
Looking at all my pictures while trying to decide which will make it into my blog posts.
2. What was an unexpected help at a difficult or dangerous moment while traveling?
When I arrived in Europe, my cell phone didn’t work and a co-worker I hardly knew, who is now a good friend, gave me a prepaid phone. I was alone in the city so I was glad to have a phone.
3. What do you hate from your co-travelers?
I have been pretty lucky, but I would hate having to wait around when I’m ready to explore.
4. Which is your favorite summer place?
I love Geneva. I’d go back in a heartbeat.
5. Which is your favorite Christmas experience?
Snow on Christmas morning.
6. Where was your most funny experience while travelling?
I was with a group of colleagues and we decided to play cards together after being out for the evening. One guy excused himself, saying he was going to change into something more comfortable, and he came back wearing his flannel pajamas and slippers! Priceless.
7. Which is your favorite taste in food ?
8. Who is your favorite painter?
Saw the Monet exhibit in Paris, still love Monet.
9. Name the film you have seen more than 3 times and you feel like watching again?
Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. Must watch it at least three times!
10. Which book is by your bedside now?
The Disappearing Spoon
11. In which country you would have liked to be brought up?
Following the rules of the Liebster Award:
When you receive the award, you post 11 random facts about yourself and answer 11 questions from the person who nominated you.
- Pass the award onto 11 other blogs (make sure you tell them you nominated them!) and ask them 11 questions.
- You are not allowed to nominate the blog who nominated you!
- Make sure the blogs you choose have 200 or less followers. (I tried hard to do this, but some may have more than 200 followers. Regardless, I hope you enjoy the selections I’ve made!)
My 11 questions to the bloggers that I nominated:
1. Favorite way to travel and why?
2. What is the most important thing you have learned on your travels?
3. Who would you like to take on a round the world trip (RTW)?
4. What festival or celebration would you like to experience in another part of the world?
5. What is the best way to pass the time when your flight is delayed?
6. Why did you decide to start your blog?
7. Carry on must haves?
8. From an architectural perspective, what is your favorite building, tower or bridge?
9. What is your favorite travel memory?
10. First place you traveled (or plan to travel) in 2013?
11. Best advice for a fellow traveler?